I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Monday, April 21, 2008

Dedra and Joe tie the knot!


I kicked off wedding season with a bang! This wedding took place in Denver on Saturday, April 19th. Dedra and Joe's big day was perfect in every way -- perfect weather, perfect ceremony, perfect party... I had a blast and I was so happy to see them finally walk down the aisle together! They've been together a few years so this was a highly anticipated event.

I shot the wedding of Dedra's sister Erika a couple of years ago. It was such a nice group of people that I was very excited at the prospect of working with them again. Dedra didn't disappoint -- the same wonderful parents, in-laws and cousins, even the same bridesmaids, flower girl and ring bearer! The only bummer is that there are no more Zimmerman girls left to get married :o(

Thanks guys for being such great fun to work with, I enjoyed every minute!

Gown: Maggie Sottero
Flowers:
Custom Design Floral
Ceremony:
First Plymouth Congregational Church
Reception:
Terrace Gardens


Dedra had this same happy smile on her face all day


And so did everyone else!



Erika's wedding shoes were Dedra's "something borrowed"


The rather dapper ring bearer, Collin



Some last minute instructions before heading down the aisle




I love those giddy first few moments of married life just after the ceremony!


The official cake-topper portrait. Since Dedra and Joe wed in the same church as Erika and Andrew, I tried very hard not repeat the same pictures.


We found this saffron yellow wall behind a KFC on Broadway!







Dedra and her two sisters, Leah and Erika. They all have the same perfect little noses and twinkly blue eyes. I shot Erika's wedding in September of 2006.


Collin and his sister Emily, the flower girl. I think it's hilarious when little kids bare their teeth to "smile" for the camera.



Dancing with dad


Dedra and Joe opted for pie instead of a big wedding cake. Yum!


Joe's mom Toula is Greek. That's her on the left dancing the traditional hassapiko (correct me if I'm wrong!) with other Greek relatives. That was so cool!


The non-Greeks joined in and did their best!


Here's Erika egging on her husband Andrew on the dance floor. I never realized that Andrew was such a dancin' machine!


I caught the moms, Toula and Kristi, having a moment in a quiet corner at the end of the evening.


Last shot of the night.

3 comments:

PWC Photography said...

I love your work.....and this couple is gorgeous!

Lacy said...

Beautiful job. If Dana gets engaged, we'll have you do the pictures there too.

Stacey K. said...

Great start for the year, looking forward to the rest. Love that yellow wall, Pretty light.

Best Wishes!