I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas everyone!


It's been just wonderful. Today was so happy and relaxed! Some standout gifts included a book of crossword puzzles (which I really needed -- I find the crossword to be extremely relaxing), a beautiful piece of pottery by a local artist, and most exciting of all, horseback riding lessons! I hope you got everything on your list too.

Every year around Christmastime I try out a new cookie recipe and share the results with whoever's willing to eat it. This year it was chocolate macadamia chewies. Here's the recipe if you want to try it out yourself. [I didn't take any pictures of the cookies, sorry -- they all got eaten before I thought to! I guess that means they were pretty good.]

Chocolate Macadamia Chewies

3/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1+3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1+1/4 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Blend in nuts and coconut. Stir in M&Ms. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about two inches apart onto ungreased cookie seets; flatten slightly with back of spoon.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool one minute on cookie sheets then remove cookies to wire racks.

Makes about four dozen cookies


Happy holidays from me and Pat!

No comments: