I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Friday, November 09, 2007

New toy!


For the longest time I've been meaning to buy a digital point and shoot camera. Finally, one day last month on a total whim I dropped into Cameraworks on Academy and Union, and about 15 minutes later I walked out with a shiny new Canon Power Shot A560. That's right, 7.1 megapixels of pure fun. The first few days I went completely nuts, taking pictures of every stupid thing. People were getting pretty sick of me actually. But it's been awesome! I hardly ever take pictures just for ME, so even if it's just a little pocket camera doing the job I am really enjoying it. I make no apologies! Here are a few snaps from those oh-so-heady first few days...

Action photography! Here's me turning a cartwheel in Monument Valley Park (photo by Pat). Yes, that's a Duran Duran tee shirt. I make no apologies for my devotion to Simon, John, Nick, Andy and Roger.


The barista at the Raven's Nest working up a latte for Pat.

The tree in our front yard just as it started to turn yellow. I like how the shape of the tree mimics the shape of the clouds.

My best friend Jenn, who is a rabid Rockies fan. This was during the playoffs when we were winning like crazy. She did not look nearly so happy during the World Series.

Pete's Kitchen on Colfax and Race in Denver, one of my favorite places in the entire world. The best 24 hour diner on the planet!

What I always order at Pete's: the gyros sandwich plate. I always give all the fries to Pat (well, maybe not all the fries).

I have become the queen of the self-portrait since getting this camera.

Gyros sandwich plate for me, breakfast burrito with bacon, red chili and extra cheese for Pat.

Pat recently built a perch for Lilo in the windowsill next to my desk. Now she lays there all day and snoozes, and I've secretly come to miss her (formerly) annoying habit of sleeping right in front of me on my desk while I'm trying to work [sniff]. But don't tell Pat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to check out Pete's kitchen now. Their gyro and fries look yummy!!! :) Mmmmm...

Omar