I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween at the pub quiz


The highlight of my week is Wednesday. For one thing, I try to take that day off from work (and usually fail miserably), but more importantly, Wednesday night is the pub quiz at McCabe's Tavern on Tejon Street. Let me explain: my life is pathetic. All I ever do is work, and if I'm not working I feel guilty about it, so I might as well work. Thus it's imperative that I get to the pub quiz as often as I can. It's fun. Even if my team bombs spectacularly I always learn some useless new fact. If nothing else I get away from my computer for a couple of hours. Like I said, my life is pathetic. To think that the pub quiz is actually the sum total of my entire social life is sad indeed, but hey, at least I have a social life! It's a start anyway.

So this Wednesday happened to be Halloween and everyone was in costume except for me (this is because my team failed to inform me that everyone was dressing up -- I missed last week's quiz because I was WORKING). There were some funny costumes so I snapped a few. Some of these are pretty inventive! Maybe I'll dress up next year.


Most creative costume of the night!


I told this guy he'd get lots of dates because women love men in kilts.


My brother Chuck


"Strawberry Shortcake" serving us some pretty nasty tasting strawberry shortcake shots. What the heck, they were free.


Aaron, the quizmaster, dressed as Gallagher. Funny!!!!

I have no idea.

Some of my pub quiz teammates: Adam (dressed as a character from Slap Shot), Laura (as Commander Janeway from Star Trek Voyager) and Juliet (as a ballerina)



No comments: