I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dedra & Joe


Dedra and Joe are getting married next spring in Denver. I shot Dedra's sister Erika's wedding last September and what I remember most about that day is how very nice their family was. Funny story: Dedra and Joe had been together about five years when Erika and Andrew tied the knot, but no one hassled them about getting married because it took Andrew a decade to propose to Erika. All of the "when are you guys going to get married" pressure was on Erika and Andrew for years, but at their wedding the pressure suddenly began to shift to Dedra and Joe! In fact, at the reception people started saying things like, "When's it going to be your turn?" It wasn't long before they decided to take the plunge too. I was so happy when they called me and asked me to be their photographer, because I loved working with Dedra's family so much. Dedra and Joe suggested Chautauqua Park in Boulder for their engagement portraits a couple of weeks ago. Wow, what a glorious day! The weather was perfect, and Dedra gets extra points for hiking in high heeled boots.







Below are a couple of images from Erika and Andrew's wedding, September 2006. Dedra was the maid of honor.

This is one of my favorite images from Erika and Andrew's wedding. Dedra had just helped Erika to put on her veil; Erika looked in the mirror and then exclaimed, "I finally feel like a bride!" You can see the excitement on her face. Soon it will be Dedra's turn to feel like a bride!

No comments: