I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mike & Marcia


I shot this wedding as a "second shooter" for my buddy Charlotte, who's a talented photographer and a good friend. Her husband Mike usually shoots weddings with her, but since he injured his foot I've helped her out for a couple of events. I like being second shooter because a lot of the pressure is off of me and I can enjoy and snap away without having to worry too much about it. This wedding was lovely. Marcia is from Brazil and Mike is from here, and they are clearly madly in love! Mike had the most gigantic grin on his face all day long and Marcia was practically glowing with giddiness. There was an international crowd in attendance, including lots of extremely adorable kids. The whole event was held way up in Divide, in an aspen grove, and the light was amazing. This is my favorite time of year. We really enjoyed ourselves and I got some fun pictures -- here are a few.

Mike recited his vows in Portuguese.


I thought this little guy was so cute. He looked just like a miniature grownup in his suit.

One last peek before heading down the aisle on the arm of Mike's father.

The flower girl seemed to be a little in awe at first.




The bride and groom wisely hired a clown and a face painter to entertain the kids all day. It was a big hit!




I like this picture of Mike's dad receiving a surprise kiss.


No comments: