I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Audrey Hepburn redux


A couple of weeks ago I got a call for a dream shoot. The caller, Kristyna, was a lifelong fan of Audrey Hepburn and wanted to have some portraits done in honor of her favorite actress. She couldn't have called a better photographer for the job! I too am an enormous Audrey Hepburn fan and, what's more, I've got an incredible collection of little black dresses spanning from the 1920's through the 1960's. I've also got an extensive collection of vintage shoes, purses, jewelry and accessories. Needless to say, I jumped all over the idea and the wheels began to turn inside my head! Kristyna came over and tried on some of my little black dresses, an appointment was made with Beckyann, my makeup artist, and we all got very excited for the big day! The night before the shoot I stayed up late researching pictures of Audrey, so some of the pictures that we took were faithful reproductions of actual photos of the screen goddess (we especially wanted to recreate images from Breakfast at Tiffany's). The rest came from my imagination. My friend Dave even got in on the fun, letting me use a couple of his many vintage cars for the shoot -- the above photo uses his '64 Comet, for instance.

We had such a good time taking these pictures. I can't even remember the last time I had so much fun on a shoot. Here are some of our efforts; with apologies to the real Audrey Hepburn, enjoy!


This image inspired by http://www.audrey1.com/gallery/photo.php?id=1956

This image inspired by http://www.audrey1.com/gallery/photo.php?id=2143


This is one of my favorite frocks, my 50's zebra bubble dress! I used to wear it all the time in the 80's to go out dancing.


This image inspired by http://www.audrey1.com/gallery/photo.php?id=2127

Here she's sitting in a '61 Caddy that belongs to my friend Dave. Breakfast at Tiffany's was made the same year.


No comments: