I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Saturday, May 05, 2007

Car gazing

My boyfriend Pat, my brother Chuck and I had some free time on Saturday, April 28th, so we decided to go and check out the informal car show in the Grocery Warehouse parking lot on Powers and Constitution. If you've never been, you should! Basically it's a just a bunch of car nuts showing off their babies on any given Saturday afternoon (weather permitting). It's completely informal, meaning anyone can come and show their car. There's no fee and no organization so to speak -- just drive up and park. There are some amazing automobiles to be seen! This was my first time checking it out, and I drove my vintage BMW to show off too. For you BMW nerds out there, it's a 1972 2002 tii, and it's completely stock (original injectors and all the numbers match -- it's grey market). I bought it in 1993 and as far as I know I'm the third owner. I have every receipt on this car, including the original dealer's window sticker. Mechanically it's great but now it's time to spend some money on the body (sigh). Owning a vintage car is expensive, but it's a joy! Check some of these cars out. Such love went into them!


I'm a sucker for a VW. I had three Karmann Ghias (one was for parts) but I got rid of them when I bought the Bimmer. One of these days I'll find another little Ghia to love...



A '69 (I think) Shelby Cobra GT 350. That little smear you see on the hood is my drool. I am totally in love with this car.

Another view of it. It's sweet!

Here's my Bimmer. It needs a wash. I love my car!

No comments: