I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, April 29, 2007

A great day for soccer


Today I had the pleasure of attending a soccer match with a bunch of seven year olds! I volunteer for a great non-profit called Compassion for Kids (http://www.compassionforkids.com/). It's an awesome organization and it lets me use my photography to help people, which is great. CFK serves to support families that have kids undergoing chemo. As a photographer I'm assigned a family, and my job is to document their journey in any way they like. So today my CFK kid, Amber, had a soccer game and I went to grab some snaps of the big event. I'm not much of a sports photog but I did the best I could! It was great to see Amber running around and having so much fun. She is a GREAT soccer player, really aggressive and fast. She's really into it! Amber is seven years old and was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia about a year ago. Since then she's been in chemo and had some ups and downs. I'm happy to report that she's past the worst of it and is now in what they call "maintenance." She still has to do chemo, but not as much and not as intense, and she still has to get spinal taps, only not as frequently. There is light at the end of this long tunnel she's been journeying through.

I had a great time taking these pictures today. We had gorgeous weather and everyone was in good spirits. Disclaimer: on some of the pictures I did that goofy Photoshop fade-out black and white/selective color thing because there was a lot of distracting stuff in the background (like, ahem, minivans) and I was trying to make it easier to spot Amber. Enjoy!

[click on the pictures to view them larger]



Amber's really good! She took five shots on the goal today.

Her hair is really short because it's still growing back from the chemo.

She's so funny -- if Amber sees a camera pointed at her she will smile and pose, even in the middle of a soccer match!


Traditional post-game celebratory run

The Lardinoises, from left: sister Isabelle, mom Tina, Amber (with ball), dad Scott, and brothers Marquis and Brendon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really neat! Good job. :) Pat