I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April snow showers bring May weddings!

On April 7th I had an appointment to shoot the engagement portraits of Michelle and Steve. They both have extremely busy schedules so this was our only window of opportunity to squeeze it in before their May nuptials. Unfortunately it was freezing cold, snowing and sleeting! We had decided to do the sitting at their home because they had to leave town for an event in Denver directly afterward. Michelle and Steve live way out in the county, about 45 minutes from my house. Because of the weather we stayed inside and did some fairly controlled, posed portraits, but after a while I coaxed them out onto the back deck for a few minutes. The photo above is one of my favorites from the shoot. Very romantic and yes, it was cold!

On the way home from Michelle and Steve's, Pat and I couldn't help but stop and take a few pictures of the icy landscape. Of course, living at 6,000 feet we often get this kind of weather during the cold months, but it's unusual for the ice to stick around for more than a day. The whole weekend was like this. It looked like something out of the Nutcracker. Eerie and beautiful.

The other engagement pictures are from a sitting I did on April 1st, Karen and Erick. We had much warmer weather that day! We all had fun going to Cheyenne Canon and enjoying the scenery. They make a cute couple, don't they?

And finally, I couldn't resist posting a few pics of my cat, Lilo Pearl. What a diva! I think she's actually vogueing!

A lonely cow wondering who the crazy lady with the camera is


I think this frozen tumbleweed looks like coral.
Look at these tiny bird tracks in the snow on our front sidewalk!

Karen and Erick



Lilo vogueing it up for the camera


No comments: