I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, December 17, 2006

Laura & Elliott

Whew I'm busy! Today is Sunday and I have an album to put together, but before I do that I'm going to blog another wedding. This is so much fun! On August 6th I had the great pleasure of shooting the wedding of Laura and Elliott. They hooked up in college about five years ago. Both of them are extremely tall and athletic: volleyball and basketball, and that was one of their common ties since they both were aggressively recruited by Colorado College for their talents. (Lest you assume they're dumb jocks, consider this: he majored in mathematics and she majored in chemistry, and academically-speaking, CC is not for wimps.) Laura is over 6' 3" with her shoes on, and El is at least 6' 4". I stand under 5' 4", so I had to get creative since shooting upward is not exactly the most flattering way to capture someone. I was standing on the bed, on the stairs, on chairs and on tiptoe for most of the day just trying to get the best angle on them! In addition to being super-tall and fit, they're both hilariously funny and warm and fun to be around. And they are madly, madly in love. I have shot more weddings than I can count, and I cannot say I've seen a couple more happy to tie the knot. They were ecstatic. In fact I was so happy for them that at the end of the day my face hurt from smiling so much. Congratulations Laura and El!

The vows and Elliott's ring

Mimosas: liquid courage, girl style
A tearful hug from Auntie right before the ceremony

Laura's dad has a cool vintage truck that he used to transport her to the church.

The official wedding portrait

Laura looking very glamorous and very happy!

A hug from Dad at the end of the very long aisle at Shove Memorial Chapel

The first dance. I think the look of happiness and contentment on Laura's face says it all.

I just love this picture! I don't know what was so funny but I'm glad I captured the moment.

No comments: