I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Monday, October 16, 2006

Salha & Alan

Still catching up on all the weddings I've been doing this year... Today I wanted to share a wedding I shot on June 25th. Here in Colorado Springs we have a small but tightly knit Jewish community. I've shot Jewish weddings before, but never an Orthodox Jewish wedding, so this was exciting for me. Salha and Alan met online, on a site for Orthodox Jewish singles. They are very happy together, so good for them. Since both of them are a bit camera shy I won't post any pictures that show their faces. This was a new experience for me -- lots of beautiful rituals, including signing the ketubah (see photo, that's one of the witnesses signing it). I had a great time, met some wonderful people and learned a thing or two as did some of their non-Jewish guests. Speaking of which, my favorite pic of the day is the one of the wedding guest wearing the kilt and the yarmulke.

No comments: