I'm Tamera Goldsmith, a portrait and wedding photographer based in Colorado Springs and serving the Front Range: the Springs, Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and the world. I specialize in wedding photojournalism and creative lifestyle portraiture, including maternity, babies, children, families and high school senior portraits. Thanks for visiting!



Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Birthday Hannah Banana!

On Saturday, June 10th I didn't have a wedding, amazing but true. I had another very important event to attend though -- a 5th birthday party! My little buddy Hannah turned five and I haven't missed any of her birthdays since I met her three years ago. For those of you who don't know the story, Hannah had leukemia and that's how I met her. I volunteer for an organization called Compassion for Kids which provides aid and support to families who have children in chemo (please see http://www.compassionforkids.com/). Part of the support they provide is to match each family with a professional photographer to chronicle their story, and that's where I come in. I've really grown attached to the Richters. Not only do they have Hannah, they have a little guy named Carter and a pair of twins named Kelsey and Meranda. And they're expecting another baby in a few months! This family has completely stolen my heart! The great news about Hannah is that she is now cancer-free and healthy, so this birthday was extra special. The Richters just relocated to Texas (Eric's in the Air Force) and I miss them dearly! Especially Hannah and her sweet little KoolAid-stained face.

2 comments:

mekehaca said...

Oh my gosh Tamera! I didn't know that you put our pictures on your web page! That is so special! Your pictures are so beautiful! Thank you for all that you have done for us and our family! You mean more then you will ever know to our family! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We miss you!

love:
Ali

Kim J said...

Tamera, what a touching story. Hannah is absolutely beautiful. What a great set of photos!